Saturday, November 26, 2011

Scream to Scream, Scene by Scene: SCENE 8 of Scream 3 (0:27:37-0:29:56)

In this project I attempt to review the entire Scream trilogy scene by scene in chronological order. Heavy spoilers and gore throughout!



SCENE 8 of Scream 3
Length: 2mins 19secs
Primary Characters: Gale Weathers and Dewey Riley
Pop Culture References:
  • 60 Minutes 2 and Diane Sawyer


Time for some Gale and Dewey action! And by that I mean Gale and Dewey talking! And by that I mean who cares about Dewey, why isn't Jennifer Jolie there?

"Why would the police come to you?"
"Well I did write the definitive book on the Woodsboro murders."

Gale's complete and utter lack of humility is why I love her. It's like during the Randy death sequence of Scream 2 where she tells people on the phone that she is "Gale Weathers, author of The Woodsboro Murders!" Even if, as Scream 4 implies (and Scream 2 admitted - "He wasn't gutted, I made that up. His throat was slashed."), Gale made a bunch of stuff up, chopped and changed the events to suit her narrative and so forth.


I like this moment between these two, as they discuss why things didn't work out between them. "We tries, we're different", she says, much like Courteney and David in real life. "We used to say that was our strength", he replies. Aw. And now they're separated in real life, too. Still, I does actually do a good job of setting up the groundwork for their relationship in Scream 4, even if that is all one big accident.

"Dewey, you're not just here because of that second rate, K-Mart, straight-to-video version of me, are you?"

Oh, Gale. I love you so hard. Oh, also, there's a bunch of exposition in this scene, but it's Gale's hair that I find more extravagant and hard to fathom. Just... I... but... what? It makes no sense! And I remember this hairstyle from when she was on Friends, too, so I know it wasn't just some "this is what Hollywood entertainment reporters look like now" sorta make-up department stuff up. Also: ugly jewellery.

Scream:
Intro, Scene 1 Scene 2, Scene 3, Scene 4, Scene 5, Scene 6, Scene 7, Scene 8, Scene 9, Scene 10, Scene 11, Scene 12, Scene 13, Scene 14, Scene 15, Scene 16, Scene 17, Scene 18, Scene 19, Scene 20, Scene 21, Scene 22, Scene 23, Scene 24, Scene 25, Scene 26, Scene 27, Scene 28, Scene 29, Scene 30, Scene 31 Scene 32, Scene 33, End Credits

Scream 2
Scene 1, Scene 2, Scene 3, Scene 4, Scene 5, Scene 6, Scene 7, Scene 8, Scene 9, Scene 10, Scene 11, Scene 12, Scene 13, Scene 14. Scene 15, Scene 16, Scene 17, Scene 18, Scene 19, Scene 20, Scene 21, Scene 22, Scene 23, Scene 24, Scene 25, Scene 26, Scene 27, Scene 28, Scene 29, Scene 30, End Credits

Scream 3
Scene 1, Scene 2, Scene 3, Scene 4, Scene 5, Scene 6, Scene 7

No comments: