Sunday, January 30, 2011

Scream to Scream, Scene by Scene: SCENE 7 of Scream 2 (0:25:59-0:27:59)

In this project I attempt to review the entire Scream trilogy scene by scene in chronological order. Heavy spoilers and gore throughout!



SCENE 7 of Scream 2
Length: 2mins
Primary Characters: Dewey Riley and Gale Weathers
Pop Culture References:
  • Barnie Fife (Gale referenced him and Dewey in her book)


A nice little scene we have here that is used as the bridge to get Gale and Dewey - ahem, Dwight - back together again. I like the makers new that audiences still wanted the adult relationships just as much as the teenage ones.


I tend to skip this scene when I watch Scream 2, although watching it just now reminds me that there's some fun stuff going on. I like the way Marco Beltrami's music is almost reminiscent of a western, and how these two clearly have a lot of chemistry.


Either Gale is checking out Dewey's acquired limp or she's checking out his arse. Although, I notice she does an upwards scan so maybe she's doing both.


"'Deputy Dewey filled the room with his Barnie Fife-ish presence.'"
"You read my book."
"Yes, I do read, Ms Weathers."
"Oh Dewey, don't take it so seriously."

I personally love that Gale has already reverted back to calling him "Dewey" after he was explicit reference to the fact that his name is not Dewey, but Dwight. She used "Dwight" once in a sentence and already gave up. That's our Gale!


"How do you know my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations, thereby enhancing my ability to effectively manoeuvre within any given situation."

Good point, although I think he demonstrates multiple times throughout the trilogy that he is indeed quite dimwitted from time to time, no?


"One more thing... nice streaks!"

Scream:
Intro, Scene 1 Scene 2, Scene 3, Scene 4, Scene 5, Scene 6, Scene 7, Scene 8, Scene 9, Scene 10, Scene 11, Scene 12, Scene 13, Scene 14, Scene 15, Scene 16, Scene 17, Scene 18, Scene 19, Scene 20, Scene 21, Scene 22, Scene 23, Scene 24, Scene 25, Scene 26, Scene 27, Scene 28, Scene 29, Scene 30, Scene 31 Scene 32, Scene 33, End Credits

Scream 2
Scene 1, Scene 2, Scene 3, Scene 4, Scene 5, Scene 6

1 comment:

Tony said...

Skip it??? Pshh.

I love this scene, lol Dewey's line is amazing. Plus, I really like how Gale changes when she's around Dewey. HUGE BITCH to Sidney and her cameraman, but when she's around Dewey, she's incredibly nice.