Sunday, March 13, 2011

Scream to Scream, Scene by Scene: SCENE 11 of Scream 2 (0:36:38-0:37:46)

In this project I attempt to review the entire Scream trilogy scene by scene in chronological order. Heavy spoilers and gore throughout!



SCENE 11 of Scream 2
Length: 1min 8secs
Primary Characters: Gale Weathers, Dewey Riley, Debbie Salt and Joel the Cameraman
Pop Culture References:
  • None

Ack! My apologies for this project always getting to hopelessly pushed aside. Unfortunately life gets in the way and slows me down (that and I've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer from season 1 episode 1 right through to the series 7 finale so I am guilty of putting TV I've watched before ahead of this project - my bad).

Especially since this scene is so short, I'm not sure why I didn't just do it earlier and get it out of the way. That "complete the project by April 14" idea looks laughable in retrospect.


Got this shot completely by accident and yet I absolutely love it. Don't you love it, too?


I love that they legitimately tried to pass Gale off as a suspect. I guess at the time it made sense, it just makes me chuckle in retrospect. The whole "Gale emerging out from behind the news van" thing seems so obvious, and then Debbie Salt say "Gale, you're just getting here?"

But, of course, doing stuff like that takes the focus off of the real killer standing right there in front of us. I wonder if anybody suspected that Debbie Salt was the killer back in 1997 as they were watching it for the first time. Kudos if you did.


"It's happening again, isn't it?"

These two are totally all "secret rendezvous behind the van after the next shot, okay?" - you can see it in their eyes. Also, how very giant-from-twin-peaks, no?



"Don't fuck with me!"

I somehow don't see the giant from Twin Peaks saying this, however.


Indeed, Joel the Cameraman. Indeed. That is most definitely the appropriate response to that line.


"Courteney Cox is... The Closer's sister/CSI's newest recruit/SVU's worst enemy/etc"

Scream:
Intro, Scene 1 Scene 2, Scene 3, Scene 4, Scene 5, Scene 6, Scene 7, Scene 8, Scene 9, Scene 10, Scene 11, Scene 12, Scene 13, Scene 14, Scene 15, Scene 16, Scene 17, Scene 18, Scene 19, Scene 20, Scene 21, Scene 22, Scene 23, Scene 24, Scene 25, Scene 26, Scene 27, Scene 28, Scene 29, Scene 30, Scene 31 Scene 32, Scene 33, End Credits

Scream 2
Scene 1, Scene 2, Scene 3, Scene 4, Scene 5, Scene 6, Scene 7, Scene 8, Scene 9, Scene 10

4 comments:

Tony said...

I love this little scene. Showing how Gale cares, yet her job strips all of it away.

Also, seeing these pictures made me look closely at Gale's attire. Isn't it weird that Gale has a completely different outfit for only 30 seconds of movie time? I find it strange anyway, lol.

Glenn Dunks said...

I actually think it's a very good and necessary scene because of the Debbie Salt inclusion. They needed to show she was always hovering around.

FranklinBluth said...

What did Joel the cameraman say? I can't see a quote under the screenshot...

Glenn Dunks said...

He doesn't say anything, he just makes that face. I'd do the same.