Friday, November 25, 2011

Review: Arthur Christmas

Arthur Christmas
Dir. Sarah Smith
Year: 2011
Aus Rating: G
Running Time: 97mins

Bah humbug!

Australia celebrates Christmas in the heart of summer and yet watching the latest animation from the esteemed Aardman Studios I couldn’t help but notice the chill. Arthur Christmas may look like a cute and inoffensive yuletide movie for the kids and their undemanding parents, but it eventually proves to be a thoroughly unpleasant experience. As I slunk into the back of my chair, my eyes peering out through the unnecessary 3D glasses at the hyperactive action unfolding on screen, there was little more I could ask for Christmas than for this exhausting cacophony of noise to end.


Read the rest at Trespass Magazine

I really am a Grinch sometimes. :/

No comments: