Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Screencapped the Closing Credits of Death Proof So You Don't Have To

I know I have gone on and on about my affection for Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof over the last year and a half (or so) since I saw it (as a stand alone, not as part of Grindhouse - we weren't so lucky down here). Having recently just rewatched it I still have it pumping through my veins.

One of the many many things I love about the movie are the credit sequences. The opening is great with it's "Coming Attractions" and the mixed up title card and so forth, but I'm wondering if many people have taken a look at the end credits. Set to the rollicking tune of "Chick Habit" by April March, interspersed throughout the more traditional end credits are images of, what I assume are, b roll footage of b movie actresses as well as an assortment of other cinematic thingamajigs and even a couple of Death Proof bloopers (or sorts). There are 44 in total and you can click on 'em to enlarge. They're fascinating in a strange hypnotic sort of way.

Yes, I am clinically insane (especially when it comes to Tarantino).














































{fin}

3 comments:

Joel said...

And he will be in Melbourne very soon!

Paul Martin said...

Stand alone? The Astor has screened the complete Grindhouse as intended on 2 or 3 occasions, for a total of about 3-4 weeks. You shoulda seen it, it was great as a double.

Glenn Dunks said...

Paul, I was never able to get to the screenings at Astor (I was still living in Geelong and things kept getting in the way).