Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Review: Megamind

Megamind
Dir. Tom McGrath
Year: 2010
Aus Rating: PG
Running Time: 95mins

Megamind is a new superhero movie that… wait, another superhero movie? As if audiences hadn’t had enough of those the last few years, here they get to go again. This animated film from the DreamWorks stable (Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon) is not as funny as Despicable Me and not even in the same intergalactic solar system as The Incredibles. What it has in its favour is a lead character that children will probably wish they had a plush toy of. And just in time for Christmas too, aren’t you parents lucky!

Read the rest at Trespass


After the success of How to Train Your Dragon, I was so disappointed to revert back to my curmudgeony DreamWorks Animation ways. Unless their movies are about super cute dragons or neurotic antz then I, apparently, just can't get on their wavelength. Megamind is a bit better than Kung Fu Panda, which I did not care for, but obviously far better than the Shrek/Madagascar trash. C+

1 comment:

remi online said...

i don't know what to say, it looks interesting to me, and i just saw despicable me..can't wait to see this one!