Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Katharine Hepburn, Bette Davis, and Joan Fontaine Walk Into a Bar

In looking for clips of Australian rock band Divinyls in the wake of Geelong-born Chrissie Amphlett (Geelong being my home town, and the subject of "Boys in Town", one of the band's biggest hits from the soundtrack to Monkey Grip) I came across an old video from the days of Fast Forward of Gina Riley doing her best amphlett performance to the tune of "I Touch Myself". I naturally got into a bit of a rabbits hole and came across this, a skit from Big Girl's Blouse that sees Deiter Brummer rub shoulders with Katharine "Kate" Hepburn, Bette Davis, and Joan Fontaine in the surf club of Summer Bay.

I presume the reason for their doing this was purely because all three are wonderful impersonations and, hey,  why not on Home & Away?

No comments: