Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Phin-nom-ne-nom of Chloe Sevigny

"It's recently come to my attention,
that 'tis the season, for ray-a-ding.
I discovered this phin-nom-ne-nom,
whilst enduring a burnt bone massage,
alongside the artist Kimbra."

'Tis the season, all right! 'Tis the season for Chloe Sevigny. I've not watched (or even heard much about, to be honest) the new series from DirectTV in which the real Chloe Sevigny plays a transgendered serial killer (remind me again why this isn't on my viewing schedule?!?), but our favourite version of Greta Gerwig is never too far away thanks to Drew Droege's endlessly entertaining comedy bits on YouTube wherein he portrays a startlingly eloquent, if frequently mis-pronouncing, Chloe, whose ever-expanding circle of famous friends (March alone sees her hanging with Pippa Middleton, Deborah Kara Unger, and Apitchatpong Weerasetakul) and hobbies make for some of the funniest stuff on the internet.

The latest video is a tribute to reading - "the complete works of Angela Lansbury, Miranda rights ... mercury levels, petroleum metres, and the frustratingly fluctuating population levels of Papua New Guinea" - wherein she discusses her book club (Anna Wintour and Kiernan Shipka reading Cliff's Notes) whilst getting a bone massage with the Kimbra. Because, ya know, she's Chloe Sevigny.


I can't recommend watching the Chloe videos enough. It would take too long to list my favourites, but they're pretty much all excellent. If she's only recently come to your attention then hop on to it and watch them all.


jakey said...

I *adore* Drew's Chloe videos. I think one of the reasons that they work so well is because what he's doing goes beyond an impersonation or an inside joke. He's really made Chloe Sevigny to be her own character; an "edgy" actress who does not realize how esoteric and pretentious she is.

My personal favorite is the sadly pulled "Memorial Day" (to this day I use "I have many memories" in everyday conversation), but as a comedian, my heart belongs to the one in which Chloe tries stand-up comedy after she overhears Da Brat tell a crack-em-up joke.

Anonymous said...

That's exactly right. Drew created a new (and better) character. Brilliant.

Kokolo said...

I agree, the character has gone beyond Chloe parody. Toast is my favorite one.

kkh said...

I like "hallowe'en". She's afraid of lost children and fruit bats. So am I.