Thursday, August 2, 2012

Nicole Kidman's a Floozy, Zac Efron in His Tighty-Whities, Matthew McConaughey's Ugly Hair... it's The Paperboy Trailer!

I seem to preface every blog entry about a movie trailer with me saying "I don't normally discuss movie trailers" before going into a long-winded reasoning as to why. Still, this ain't no ordinary trailer. You see, it's the trailer for The Paperboy, Lee Daniels' supposedly whackadoo southern gothic tale starring Matthew McConaughey, Zac Efron, John Cusack and the one and only Nicole Kidman. The trailer, as it is, isn't exactly a feat of execution, but it's not Nicole Kidman playing a southern floozy and Zac Efron dancing in his rain-soaked tighty-whities so I feel obligated to show it to you.

Ooh baby!

It looks like madness and I can't wait to see it. I'm not sure who has The Paperboy for local distribution, but whoever it is I hope they get to releasing it pretty darn soon! Australia occasionally gets alternate poster designs, too, so maybe they can just put Efron and Kidman on there with the tagline "yeah, she pees on him!" and be done with it. I mean, hello, who wouldn't want to see that movie? Hell, maybe they could make one of those newfangled motion posters of Zac and Nicole dancing in the rain on an endless loop. It'd certainly pique my interest.

I'm sure JA at My New Plaid Pants won't mind me borrowing his gif of Zac Efron bring "his milkshake to the yard" for all of you out there. It's a gift that really ought to just keep on giving!


Like magic (Mike?), baby.

1 comment:

Runs Like A Gay said...

I have no idea if I'll love it or hate it but I know this is the most bonkers film I'm going to watch this year.