Sunday, April 29, 2012

Review: The Avengers

The Avengers
Dir. Joss Whedon
Country: USA
Aus Rating: M15+
Running Time: 142mins

Few films will come as anticipated as The Avengers, the accumulation of years of superhero movies that finally sees the likes of Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr), Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and Captain America (Chris Evans) joining forces to battle evil and save the planet (but mostly just America). It’s hard to ignore the hype that has surrounded this Marvel comic adaptation and as it explodes upon the multiplexes across the globe I was left with a distinct sense of relief. To be perfectly honest with you, I didn’t want to be one of those people that anonymous online commentators fire vitriol at simply because I didn’t understand the intricacies of why Iron Man acts the way he does or understand the hows and whys behind The Hulk’s green-hued muscular transformation. Quite frankly, I was just glad I had a good time and don’t have to be “that guy” with a target on his back.

Read the rest at Trespass Magazine

I think my favourite bit - apart from the ace fight sequence between Thor and Iron Man - was when the Hulk goes to pick up Thor's hammer. Teehee.

No comments: