Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Review: This Means War

This Means War
Dir. McG
Country: USA
Aus Rating: M
Running Time: 98mins

This Means War? You bet it does! The artillery is ready, defense systems are a go and there’s enough ammunition to render the Great Wall of China a mere pile of dust. I’m not talking about the film; I’m talking about the war that I am waging on this violently terrible foray into the action-rom-com genre (think Mr and Mrs Smith or Knight and Day) by director McG. This exhausting and depressing load of claptrap is so completely horrible that I got up and left for several minutes; I had to compose myself from the seething anger that had engulfed me and prepare for the final onslaught of knuckle-dragging numbskullery that McG and his three writers were hurling at the screen. You guys, it’s really, really bad!

Read the rest at Trespass Magazine

I wanted to stab everybody involved with this movie in their face. McF.

No comments: