Monday, December 12, 2011

Girls Girls Girls

I absolutely flipped for Lena Dunham's Tiny Furniture several months back at MIFF and I keep longing for the day that I hear somebody has picked it up for release (even if a direct-to-DVD one). I mean, the film has been chosen as an upcoming Criterion release for crying out loud, why won't anybody pay attention?

Anyway, just now I jumped with excitement when I saw the following video mentioned briefly amongst my Twitter feed. It's a trailer - do TV shows have trailers or are they just considered adverts? promo reel? - for Girls, Dunham's new television series that is set to screen on HBO in April next year. Thankfully she being as embarrassed as ever and has remained blissfully entrenched in New York City. That it's executive producer is Judd Apatow is both appealing and worrying in equal measure, but since a lot of my Apatow frustrating comes from his inability to edit, perhaps the constrictive landscape of episodic TV will suit him well. The video below is very funny and anybody who saw and enjoyed Tiny Furniture will certainly get a kick out of it. It's almost an extension on that film, actually, but will hopefully expand upon Dunham's sadsack, humiliating twentysomething routine: "I think that I may be the voice of my generation. Or at least, a voice of a generation."

No comments: