Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Tall Trailer

Before today, I hadn't heard much about Tony Krawitz's documentary The Tall Man, based on the remote Palm Island following the in-custody death of an Aboriginal man. Having now just seen the trailer, however, and I have instantly raised it as one of my most anticipated titles. The trailer has a pulsating rhythm to it as it tells this devastating tale, and the gorgeous cinematography that belies its roots. Australian distributor Hopscotch doesn't appear to have any information pertaining to a release date, but just watch the trailer below and I am sure you will want to check it out. International readers attending the Toronto International Film Fest would be advised to see it there since I can't imagine this very local tale getting a release outside of the festival circuit.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I saw this at the Adelaide Film Festival and parts of it are devastating. It's not perfect, loses a few threads here and there, but the subject and the interviews are compelling and disturbing.