Wednesday, June 22, 2011

OM(anamana)G MUPPETS!

I have nothing to say about this trailer for The Muppets other than "OMG IT LOOKS SO GOOD!" I don't care if it's overly hipster of me to adore the Muppets and to be excited about this movie, but I am.

Okay, I do have some more things to say. I'd be interested to now how much John Lasseter and the Pixar crew love the Muppets, because don't you think all the emotional pathos that they have in their films - culminating most gloriously in last year's Toy Story 3 - feel indebted to the Muppets? I'm feeling teary just listening to Kermit's speech here and Toy Story 3 was one of the few narrative titles recently to wring tears out of my shallow tear ducts.

There are many moments found within the trailer - and this is indeed an actual proper trailer unlike the last one - that inspire oohs and aahs, there is a moment (captured there to the right) of Chris Cooper that, for some reason, I find absolutely stunning. Perhaps it just reminds me of Chicago? Perhaps. Looking dapper in a three piece suit surrounded by chorus girls and confetti falling from the ceiling? I'm so there! As if I wasn't going to be there anyway, what with it starring the Muppets, Amy Adams singing and Miss Piggy looking like Fergie. Gah! This is going to be so good, you guys!

No comments: