Wednesday, March 9, 2011

When Bad Posters Strike: X-Men: First Class

Who knows how I'll feel by the end of 2011, but as of right now? I didn't expect the poster for Barney's Version to be trumped so quickly as worst poster of the year.

I have sat here for the last 45 minutes trying to come up with some reasoning behind the sheer awfulness that is the posters for X-Men: First Class. I can't come up with anything. I am speechless. I am without speech. They are truly beyond words. I think I just have to show them to you and maybe I will have thought of something - anything - to say.

Oh. That took quicker than I thought.

But seriously, what are these? Why are James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender trapped inside the crotch of their adult selves like when Fry drank the Trisolian King in that episode of Futurama. Did adult Magneto drink the liquefied version of his younger self? That's stupid. THESE POSTERS ARE STUPID.

I'm baffled that anybody saw fit to release these upon, ya know, eyes. Did nobody within 20th Century Fox not think these were, ahem, slightly amateurish. These are disastrous and I would expect more for a film of this nature. I don't expect much from films like How She Move or Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, but to see this level of design from a film of such size as X-Men: First Class? Unforgivable.

Of course, now when I look at them I just laugh, so maybe they're not entirely worthless after all? Need a pickmeup? Look at Jessica Alba pretend to be scared and look at these X-Men: First Class posters!


Anonymous said...

they are a stunt. its a joke. real ones come out soon

paul79 said...

Wierd. The earlier ones look so much better than these two.

Alice said...

Sweet mercy!
I sure hope these are a joke. Wowsers!