Friday, February 18, 2011

Ramona Flowers: Princess Slayer

See, this is why I don't do casting news here at the blog! A couple of days later it gets canned!

Unfortunately, everyone's (and by "everyone" I mean the 57 people that actually see The Loved Ones) psychotic prom "princess" Lola Stone (aka Robin McLeavy) has in fact not been cast as the wife of Abraham Lincoln in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Instead, the role has gone to Mary Elizabeth Winstead who y'all will remember as that hipster girl Ramona Flowers that had a baffling amount of attention being paid to her. The only excuse I've ever been able to come up with for Ramona's impossible pull with suitors is that before she moved to the universe of Scott Pilgrim she was not an actual miserable sadsack with annoying hair and was, in actual fact, a hottie cheerleader like the one Winstead played in Death Proof. It's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Wait, how did this end up as an anti-Scott Pilgrim entry? Anyway, this is why I don't do casting stories.

2 comments:

Walter L. Hollmann said...

Good news for me, at least. I LURVE Mary Elizabeth Winstead, have ever since Sky High. Anything that ups her profile is a-OK in my book!

Anthony Mai said...

She is so not worth fighting for!