Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Here Come the Bridesmaids

Before I write anything, I just want to point out that this movie instantly reminds me of that awful Patrick Dempsey pun romcom Made of Honor, and that's never a good thing. It instantly loses points for that, don't you think?

Bridesmaids' marketing has jumped into full force this week first with a poster and today a trailer. I really actually like the poster. Perhaps it's that they've done something with the entirety of the space - even if it is just a pattern and text - but I also think they've done well with striking use of colour and a fabulous assortment of actress poses.


Plus, I always like when a poster so blatantly disregards the male demographic. This poster is like a big "fuck you!" to people who say women can't be funny and that men won't go see a female-centric movie. Having now watched the trailer though I can say that they have either shrunk Melissa McCarthy down from the trailer or she's wearing padding throughout the movie. I think we can all take a guess at the correct option there.

Sidebar: How awful does Mike & Molly look? Has it been axed yet? I so hope it gets axed soon!


Best part of the trailer?



Jon Hamm (mmmHamm) is slowly making his way through the entire female roster of Saturday Night Live alum isn't he? Sarah Silverman, Tin Fey and now Kristen Wiig! Lucky women, all of them!

No comments: