Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Seymour Butts

As I and a small group of other Melbourne critics stumbled out of 127 Hours yesterday morning at Hoyts Melbourne Central, we couldn't help but be lured towards the poster for Big Mommas: Life Father, Like Son.

As an aside - how awkward is that title? At first I thought it was merely a tagline, but no it's not. Looking at it now it feels more like a television episode title, which is a horrifying prospect since the thought of a Big Mommas sitcom is just too much too handle. End of aside.

What can I say, we were attracted like moths to one of those Mortein bug catching flames. Except this time the big, bright red light wasn't a deceptive trap to lure us mere moths into its toxic aroma, but was instead the disturbing sight of Martin Lawrence in drag (yet again). It too was emitting a toxic aroma, but one of an entirely different order. It wasn't too long, however, before someone - I'm going to say Tony Morris because it seems like the sort of thing he would pay attention to - noticed the similarity between the poster for Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son (I still can't quite fathom that I am typing that, but let's continue) and Gnomeo & Juliet (I still can't quite fathom that I am typing that, but let's continue). I took a photo as evidence, which I think is damning.


Damn!

Because, apparently, one butt crack joke just isn't enough that we needed two of them in such close proximity. And, just think, if that poster for Yogi Bear included the infamous original tagline of "good things come in bears" then that would have made it a trifecta of gags about butts. Thank heavens for small mercies.

1 comment:

Steven said...

But the question is, have you seen this Scream 4 trailer yet? Now THAT is blog-worthy!
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/at-the-movies/a298239/how-about-a-new-scream-4-trailer.html