Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Tweet for a Poster

Last week I posted a comment on Twitter regarding The King's Speech. With the film's American release imminent we still had not seen a poster and I was eagerly awaiting one. Take a look:


I wasn't making that quip for laughs, but because I honestly believed it would prove prophetic. And, whadaya know, we got the official poster (via Cinematical) today for The King's Speech and if this isn't "dull and boring" then I don't know what is!


Quite literally, the only compliment I can come up with is that at least the actors' names are in the correct position with their faces. So much dire Photoshopping! Everything looks so old! And cheap! Everyone's eyes looking in different directions! ETC!!!

Please, Jeremy Saunders or someone - come to the rescue!

2 comments:

simon said...

I've got to say, Geoffrey Rush's "whacky" face isn't doing him any favours either.

Simon said...

It'd like they're in three different movies, and Colin Firth's one is directed by Charlie Kaufman.