Friday, November 12, 2010

Somewhere Stephen Dorff is Lounging in His Jocks Just For Me

I had the good fortune to catch Sofia Coppola's Somewhere last week and while a review will be coming some time closer to its local release date (Boxing Day if I am recalling correctly), I was definitely a fan. There are plenty of moments within the film, lensed very dreamily by Harris Savides, where Stephen Dorff, playing movie star Johnny Marco, struts around with his shirt off and they're all very nice. There is, however, one scene where, while obviously still ripped, I noticed Dorff's character shows the strain of age with a growing beer gut (it's still sexy, what can I say).

I say "Dorff's character" because it's quite obvious that Dorff himself has absolutely no such issues. In fact, if this photo shoot from VMan magazine says anything it's that he puts many of his younger acting brothers to shame. It's almost disconcerting to see these picture and realise how much work must go into it. Hopefully once Somewhere gets seen by more people Dorff will have less free time to spend at the gym? Please?


"Oh, hi there. I didn't see you there. Let me casually put some clothes on... or not."

More via

2 comments:

JA said...

I'd just noticed on your sidebar yesterday that you've seen Somewhere and was firstly super-jealous and secondly wondering when we'd get some words on it. TELL MEEEEEE

Glenn Dunks said...

I'm not really allowed to review it yet, but I left some thoughts about it over here.