Friday, October 22, 2010

Mia and Her Coat Want You to Watch Their Movie

Last week we saw the newly released trailer for Gus Van Sant's latest film, the young quirky romance Restless. We now get a look at the poster and they have justifiably used the image of the film's stars - Mia Wasikowksa and Henry Hopper - surrounded by a chalk outline. I made note that, in the trailer, that image was particularly striking so I'm glad they went with it. As a poster it easily could've descended into twee madness, but I actually think that tagline ("who do you live for") steers it away from quirk and more into sweetness. The tagline reminds me of Lost in Translation, actually, which had a very similar "vibe" about it. Don't you think?

1 comment:

Dempsey Sanders said...

I like the poster, and yes the tagline is definately very reminicent of L.I.T