Tuesday, August 3, 2010

There Will Be Saul Bass Impersonations

It's an American thing.

I always hear about the "Alamo Drafthouse", but have somehow never mustered up the energy (so time consuming!!) to do the research and find out what it is. Nevertheless, as long as they keep cranking out wonderful posters for classic movies I'll be happy. They've done it again with a series of Saul Bass-inspired posters for the Rolling Roadshow event which screens films in the cities they were filmed or set. First cab up to the rank is my personal favourite Quentin Tarantino film, Jackie Brown, screening in a town called Torrance, California. Okay then!

Anyway, here are my favourites of the posters. They're all fabulous, but I cut it down to five. See them all over here.





3 comments:

MD said...

I love the There Will Be Blood one. I love most of them, really, but that one just strikes me.

JA said...

The Alamo Drafthouse is a fancy movie theater in Austin, Texas. I haven't been yet but I'm going to Austin for Halloween this year and will be visiting.

Simon said...

Hell. Yeah.