Friday, July 9, 2010

Love

The marketing for upcoming local horror film The Loved Ones kicked into overdrive today with the release of a brand spankin' new poster as well as, at long last, a trailer. Watch the trailer below or watch it here in bigger, better quality.

The Loved Ones, as the PR tells us, is "like the bastard lovechild of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Pretty in Pink", which I think says a lot. It stars Xavier Samuel (and his hair) as a High Schooler who turns down a date to the dance (read: prom), but discovers... well, you'll see. I've felt so stupid all year knowing I could have seen this at last year's MIFF and didn't. Since then it has gone on to win a major prize at the Toronto International Film Festival and spark some almighty buzz within the local industry. Those who have seen it have not left disappointed. The world now awaits on the word of David "Shaky Cam" Stratton!


How about that?!? Certainly packs a punch, doesn't it? It looks sick and twisted and insane and I can't wait until I get to see it at the end of the month.

6 comments:

Dame James said...

WOW. This movie looks absolutely fucked up, like some in-bred cousin of Carrie, Misery and Saw. I can't wait! And if the movie's good I may be able to look past Xavier's horrible hair.

Anonymous said...

Saw it at a film fest in San Francisco. It's pretty damn good!

richardwatts said...

I'm kicking myself for missing it at MIFF last year too. Doh!

JA said...

GIMME.

Joel said...

Is this the trailer that apparently has a lot of spoilers? I haven't watched it yet because I heard the oz trailer gives too much away but I'm dying to see it!

Anonymous said...

Hi, where will you be seeing The Loved Ones at the end of this month? I'm dying to see it.