Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bright Young Things

Over at Trespass this week we are looking at "bright young things", up and coming talent. Earlier this week Trespass' film writers each threw up our choices for best directorial debuts in which I selected Matthew Saville (Noise), Courtney Hunt (Frozen Hunt, left) and Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck (The Lives of Others) and today we all take a look at 20 young actors under the age of 30 that we feel deserve your attention.


I discuss the above talented younguns. Xavier Samuel, Jamie Bell, Emily Barclay, Abbie Cornish and Greta Gerwig. I've dicussed Bell, Samuel and Barclay quite about at the blog and I definitely think Abbie Cornish was the one most robbed of an Oscar nomination this year. Greta Gerwig is a new on screen acquaintance of mine having only seen Greenberg. I am not that keen on the "mumblecore" films that I have seen, but I am still interested in seeking them out for Gerwig who truly does look like a potentially big star.

Click on over to Trespass to take a look at the rest.

No comments: