Friday, June 25, 2010

What I Thought Of When I Saw This Inception Poster

Here is one of the new posters for Christopher Nolan's Inception.


Generally it is quite good, much like the entire campaign has been. Although I haven't been quite on board with the marketing of Inception as others has been (residual Dark Knight love will do that to people, I suppose), but I couldn't quite quit the feeling that I'd seen this poster before. I was racking my brain trying to think of what it reminded me of and then it struck me. It reminds me of this poster for PJ Hogan's 2003 retelling of Peter Pan!


Of course, if your movie poster accidentally looks like that of another then Peter Pan is understandable since nobody seems to truly remember that wonderful movie. Such is life, I'm afraid.

Inception is out on 22 July and I while the poster here may look like Peter Pan, the trailer makes the film out to be a bigger budget version of Alex Proyas' Dark City. Since Dark City is one of the five best movies of the 1990s - yes, it is - I just hope the film can live inside my mind without that earlier film harming my perception of it. We shall see soon enough, won't we?

1 comment:

MattyD said...

Wow, so similar! And I can't help but agree with you in thinking that "Peter Pan" is sadly underappreciated and mostly unnoticed. It's such a fun--and beautiful!--movie!