Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reefer Madness

I have discussed Andrew Trauki's upcoming oceanic thriller The Reef quite a bit already, but we hadn't actually seen any footage. It's pedigree - coming from one of the directors' of modern almost-classic Black Water - is enough to spike my interest. It stars Damien Walsh-Howling, Gyton Grantley, Zoe Naylor, Adrienne Pickering and Kieren Darcy-Smith. Now, via Inside Film comes this trailer. It's actually a sales trailer for distributors at the recent Cannes market, but it's footage nonetheless.

It looks good. I didn't care for Open Water, a movie that this movie obviously shares much in common with, but unlike that snoozer The Reef actually looks like it has things such as "thrills", "frights" and "drama". Black Water was so very good though that I'm sure I wouldn't care what they put up in the trailer.

No comments: