Friday, May 7, 2010

Benicio Del Toro in 2010...

I can only imagine what's going through Benicio Del Toro's mind at this stage. I'm not sure what countries the below commercial is airing in, but everytime I see it I get pangs of confusion and sadness. And trust me, as a fan of Masterchef Australia, I see the commercial a lot. What is he doing there? And in an ad directed by Bryan Singer, too!

Add that to The Wolfman, which I gave a grade of F to for being so completely and utterly terrible, and I'm just left wondering what on Earth Benicio Del Toro is up to lately. I can understand George Clooney selling espresso machines or Delta Goodrem selling shampoo, but Benicio Del Toro selling ice-cream? Really? That's a head-scratcher. How exactly did the people at that company somehow convince Bryan Singer and Benicio Del Toro to do this?

A big fancy cheque is the answer, I presume. I hope they got it, too.



Does America get this ad? I doubt it since most of these star-led commercials tend to be for international audiences only, which is strange because, really, it's not like people outside of America can't tell how embarrassing it is and upload it to YouTube if the star is so desperately ashamed of the whole ordeal.

4 comments:

Simon said...

We do not, which is a shame, because that would really brighten up the banality in between Community.

Runs Like A Gay said...

We get it in England - but I've only seen it at cinemas not on TV so far.

FranklinBluth said...

I'm totally with you on this, Glenn. It makes me think of Bob Harris' whisky ad in Lost in translation.

Jorge Rodrigues said...

It is all over TV in Portugal :D It's ridiculous all right.