Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thai Sell

Thailand appears to be one of those countries that, for some period of time at least, had some really creative movie poster designers. While most "hip" people think the Polish and the Czech's have a monopoly on the best international posters, I beg to differ. A lot of them are ugly and don't do anything to actually SELL the movie they're advertising, which is a big faux pas if you ask me. My New Plaid Pants directed me to this list at io9 of some fantastic Thai movie posters from the 1980s, which were, in turn, taken from Bangkok 1080.

Some of these are truly amazing and filled with eye-popping goodness. They're all incredibly '80s with their hand drawn montages and low-budget horror movie titles. I've included my favourites below but check out both of those links for all of them.

There are two more that I would like to share. This one for ET: The Extra Terrestrial scares the living daylights outta me! Yikes! And I love how this poster for A Nightmare on Elm St Part II includes the image of the high school gym teacher who goes to S&M bars and gets tied up in the school locker room while being pelted with balls. No, seriously, that shit really happens!

I feel better knowing all of these posters exist, don't you?

No comments: