Thursday, February 25, 2010

Katherine Heigl and Matthew Goode Should Make a Movie Together...

...and then they can both trash it to kingdom come at a conveniently post-release time. We've all heard what Katherine Heigl has said about some of her output - Knocked Up is sexist for one thing, Grey's Anatomy don't give her enough to do for another - and Matthew Goode is, it seems, desperate to keep up with her in the slagging rights. He insulted fans of Watchmen, which was quite hilarious, and now he's ripping Leap Year, a romcom with him and Amy Adams, a new one.

It's turgid. I just know that there are a lot of people who will say it is the worst film of 2010.

[The location] was the main reason I took it -- so that I could come home at the weekends. It wasn't because of the script, trust me. I was told it was going to be like The Quiet Man with a Vaughan Williams soundtrack, but in the end it turned out to have pop music all over it. Do I feel I let myself down? No. Was it a bad job? Yes, it was. But, you know, I had a nice time and I got paid.

You might've thought something would tick inside his brain when the make-up department made him sport that ridiculous goatee. Somebody at Cinematica mentions a wonderful Michael Caine quip re Jaws 3:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

And now here is a picture of Matthew Goode wearing nothing but a flag!


Anonymous said...

Maybe he was a misrepresented as Heigl was? She said Knocked Up was a little sexist and explained why when asked by a magazine what she felt about the female characters in the movie and the view it was sexist. She then added she hoped that women realized all the characters were exaggerations and that is what made the humor. Of course the never gets reported...just the headlines.

Glenn Dunks said...

Yes yes, I am actually a big defender and fan of Katherine so don't try and pull that here.

Anonymous said...

And Heigl went on to do the brilliant and female empowering The Ugly Truth. LOL.