Thursday, January 7, 2010


Don't you hate it when you write a blog that you put time and energy into and then someone comes along with an identical story and, even if they never knew you existed, it's still really bloody frustrating? Yeah, I've just discovered that happened to me.

Way back in April of last year I posted a silly blog piece about how Matthew McConaughey can't stand up by himself on movie posters. Far be it from me to think this was some radical movement, but hey there it is in black and white.

Just now, however, I have discovered that several months after the fact two sites - My Brain is Made of Things of Gold and the famous Huffington Post - made articles on the exact same thing. Not only were they less-comprehensive, but, of course, they don't read me and so they wouldn't even know. Hence the frustration. I don't even know what this "Brain" blog is because it seems like the strangest and laziest blog I've seen in quite a while. And the Huffington Post? Well... ya know.

Nevertheless, it's just so dispiriting to see stuff I thought of appear elsewhere as if they were the first to think of it. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have had identical situations. As one person comments at the HuffPost: "THAT is friggin' hilarious! Who would notice this?! Briliant!" I would! I WOULD NOTICE THIS!

Carry on.


Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

Feeling a bit disillusioned are we? Don't worry, you'll get your due.

jessica said...

I saw this on Huffington Post a while ago and remembered that you had done it first.