Friday, December 18, 2009

To Sing and Die in L.A.

I just wrote up a bit of retrospective fluff at The Film Experience, talking about two of my favourite films from 2004. Collateral and Prey for Rock and Roll are both set in LA, but other than that they have nothing in common other than I like them. Go check it out if you so desire.

Whoops! Careful of that delightfully placed desk chair, Tom!


Jose said...

This has nothing to do with this post, but bear with me...
I just saw "Samson and Delilah", thought it was amazing, but there's a couple of things that I didn't understand.
Mostly the ones that had to do, with what I assume, are the aboriginal traditions. Like how they beat Delilah after her grandma passed and why they cut their hair. Internet hasn't been too helpful in my research so I figured why not ask an Australian. So let me know if you know any details about that :)

Glenn Dunks said...

Elders are held in much higher esteem in Aboriginal culture and the other women blamed Delilah for her grandmother's death. The haircutting is, I believe, a ritual but for what I am not too sure.