Monday, November 9, 2009

Some Brief Thoughts on Amelia

"Amelia is Mira Nair's nadir!" Try saying that five times fast.

I'm not going to review Amelia, because it's just not worth it. I shake my head at Mira Nair and I want to give her a good shake and ask what the hell she's doing lately. I know some were keen on The Nakesake, but I, however, thought it was horrible and borderline offensive. Amelia is a completely different beast.

Sure, I could go on and on about the woeful performances - Hilary Swank included - and the bizarre way every actors' accents kept shifting. Sure, I could query why you hire Cherry Jones and then make her unrecognisable, or why the film was so completely and utterly sexless and why Amelia Earhart's homosexuality was barely even hinted at (a child Gore Vidal, however, was presented so shockingly offensive that I'd be surprised if a baby Gore wasn't lisping and throwing glitter from a disco ball as he descended from the womb!) Sure, I could ask how this story just became so dull, lifeless and uninspiring and complain about how Mia Wasikowska was the only performance bordering on "great" and how she got nothing from the script. Oh yeah, I'm not going to review Amelia, that's right! D- nonetheless.

Nevertheless, one of - probably the only - highlight of Amelia was getting the chance to lay eyes on Aaron Abrams, a hunky piece of a man who graces the screen for a while at the start. And because I haven't been blatantly gratuitous lately (like some people) here are some pictures of him.




2 comments:

julianstark said...

I agree that this was a trainwreck of a film... better yet, it was a plane crash...

Yeah. That was mean, but this was awful. I think I gave this a 10 out of 100 or something along those lines.

Chris said...

Yes, it was boring as hell. As for Aaron Abrams, you should rent the movie he wrote and starred in, "Young People Fucking". Its hilarious and hot.