Thursday, November 19, 2009

Akira Colours

Earlier today I briefly spoke about the new Blu Ray edition of Katsuhiro Ôtomo's 1988 anime masterpiece Akira. While I haven't watched it on Blu Ray - obviously since I don't own a player - just looking at some of the screencaps that I've found around the internet (mainly here and here) has me salivating. Just look at these stills and tell me you are not marvelling at the artistry, those colours and how god damn beautiful they are. I actually have the first image shown below as my desktop wallpaper, it's that gorgeous.

(click them to view them MUCH larger)

Now who wants to buy me a Blu Ray player. And Akira. Yeah?


par3182 said...

i'm looking but all i can think of is kimba the white lion

that's after school television in the seventies scarring me for life...

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, I just pinched one of these for my Facebook cover photo. Thanks. :)