Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Apologies, Bai

It just occurred to me last night that in my ten favourite horror movie performances of the '00s entry a few days ago that I forgot one very important player. It is, of course, Bai Ling in Dumplings. This quite shocking Chinese film is something to behold and if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about! Those dumplings... wow. Ling was fantastic though as the chef with the, ahem, potent dumplings and deserves to be ranked accordingly.

My apologies, Bai Ling. You are a deranged, crazy cat!

1 comment:

Brook Brooks said...

I remember seeing this film after somebody ranked Bai Ling's performance in it one of the top 100 of all time. (I forget the blog, but it was like, three years ago.)

But, wow. Bai is brilliant. And sadly so far away from an Oscar nomination that it's not funny.

But can you imagine Bai Ling's crazed, whacked out performance in this alongside the pedigree of McDormand, Weisz, Adams, Williams and Keener? It just makes me tingle.