Monday, September 21, 2009

The United States of Toni

It appears that I have never written anything on this here blog about how incredible The United States of Tara (currently screening season one here in Australia) is. Well, it is incredible. If you follow my Twitter feed (@stalepopcornau) then you would certainly be aware since every Wednesday night I go on rampages of tweets discussing it. My actual favourite cast member is not Toni Collette, shockingly, but Brie Larson. She of Sleepover fame, apparently, although I don't remember... and yes, I have indeed seen Sleepover starring Alexa Vega and Jane Lynch(!?!)

However, I am totally in love with Toni winning the Emmy Award for her performance. The show was ripped off in the nominations with only Collette up for anything (not even the writing, courtesty sometimes of Diablo Cody) and nothing for Larson or Keir Gilchrist, nothing. Kinda sad.

Anyway, here is Collette accepting her Emmy for Best Actress in a Comedy. I love hearing that natural accept. Would've been nice to hear her say "Tara" the way we do though. Just for kicks.


FranklinBluth said...

I remember meeting an american girl called 'Tara' and we spent a LOOOOOOOOONNNG amount of time in an attempt to get me to pronounce her name the way americans do. Pfffftt. What a pointless exercise.

I haven't been able to watch it, but I'm eagerly waiting the DVD release. Regardless, congrats Toni!!

seanisbored said...

She couldn't have said the name of the show once??!!

Totally agree about how it was robbed in other categories.