Saturday, September 12, 2009

Just Keep Me Moving

Sorry for being so absent the last few days, but I've been busy as well as a bit sick and just HECTIC HECTIC HECTIC. I've been watching Sia (as in "Breathe Me" Sia) guest program Rage this evening and she's been throwing up some truly spectacular music. How about The Vengaboys' "Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!" or Mel & Kim's "Respectable" or kd lang's "Constant Craving".

The latter of which brings me to this video. It's not the video for "Constant Craving", unfortunately. That video is absolutely gorgeous and beautiful and stunning and nowhere to be found on YouTube. I did, however, come across this concert clip from 1993 of lang performing "Just Keep Me Moving". The song came off of the soundtrack to Gus Van Sant's Even Cowgirls get the Blues. Loved this song when it first came out and still love it today, but watching lang perform it is a treat. She's so lively and would be a great performer to see live. I just hope that next time she tours it's not one of those blasted covers concerts, ya know? I'd wanna hear this and "Craving" and "If I Were You" and even her almost-Bond theme "Surrender" and so on.

What a voice though.

No comments: