Thursday, August 20, 2009

Quote Whore

Unfortunately I cannot find a copy of it anywhere online, but there is a new poster for Matthew Newton's Three Blind Mice hanging in the lobby of my local Cinema Nova in Carlton. It features 11 pull quotes from various critics from such illustrious publications as Variety and the Sydney Morning Herald (ahem). There's one quote however, "Astoundingly good" it reads, that comes from the most unlikely of source.

ME!

Next thing you know I'll be drunk with marketing power and will be calling GI Joe "a rollercoaster of excitement and thrills!" As I said though I can't find it online and my mobile phone is currently "in the shop" (aka it's destroyed and never coming back) and the replacement phone is unable to take photos. Eventually I'll provide photographic evidence, I promise.

Of course, they got the URL wrong, but who am I to complain really? They could hardly put the entire blogspot address and I am currently in the process (or, pre-process, really) of actually acquiring a domain so even though it says "stalepopcorn.com" on the poster, if people really care enough they can just Google it and viola they'll arrive here. Clicking the "Three Blind Mice" label at the bottom there will take you to all the entries that the movie has figured into. It was this sad piece that bore the "astoundingly good" quote that was used.

And again, GO SEE THE MOVIE! My opinion is more necessary than ever.

2 comments:

par3182 said...

"astoundingly awesome"
- six things

FranklinBluth said...

Wha!?!? That's so exciting!