Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Tribute to Whitney Houston

Have you heard Whitney Houston's new album, I Look to You. It's about as good as the title suggest (ie; not very), but there are some corker tracks. Mostly "Million Dollar Bill", "Nothin' But Love" and "Like I Never Left". I am thankful, however, that Whitney exists because it gave us this hilarious MadTV skit from earlier in the decade. One of the funniest things I have ever seen, for sure. In fact, Debra Wilson's portrayal of Houston is one of the funniest things I have ever seen and everything she does with it is just a riot.


"Queen of the night I am!"

2 comments:

Dame James said...

I love this sketch, too! I actually wrote about it awhile back. Debra Wilson is a genius: not only does she do a fantastic Whitney, but also Oprah and Bunifa Latifah Halifah Sharifa Jackson. If Amy Poehler can get her own show, Debra needs one as well.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha excellent stuff. As I recall it was Debra Wilson who did a spot on impersonation of Angela Bassett playing Tina Turner in "What's Love Got To Do With It". So so so funny