Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Jungle Fever

I know people discussing their dreams is incredibly annoying, but aren't we all guilty of having done so. We see the glazed look of disinterest on others' faces and yet we think "no way, this dream is totally more interesting than the others!" Well, the dream I had the other night was not that interesting at all. There was a group of adventure seekers deep in the jungle and they come face to face with a tiger.

"Wow, that actually sounds fun!" you say?

Nah, not really. It was kind of frightening, especially when the tiger pushed me into the river and it started to be go all "crouching" on me doing crazy-arsed kung fu dance movies while walking on water. That's not the reason for this entry though. No, because it turns out my brain is so obsessed with movies that even my dreams have sequels!

SEQUELS!

One night later I had a dream that, like most Hollywood sequels, was almost identical to the previous nights, except now there was a new character whose presence was needed only to somehow coax the original dream cast into going back into the jungle (it's like The Hills Have Eyes Part II in that regard, except my dream sequel didn't feature a dog having a flashback, unfortunately). It was all pretty much the same except I knew better and ended up fighting the tiger in a tree! Wow.

My brain is regular Michael Bay/Ang Lee crossover.

BTW Jungle Julia was not in either of my dreams, I just thought her name fit into the topic.

2 comments:

Adem With An E said...

I never thought it was annoying to discuss dreams, but in the last 3 weeks I've heard people saying that it is! I'VE BEEN BANGING ON ABOUT MY DREAMS FOR YEARS THINKING PEOPLE LIKED IT.

Hang on. There's a Dog flashback in THHE2?!?!!!

Glenn Dunks said...

Yes it does. The original one though, not the awful awful sequel to the remake. All the original characters have flashbacks, including the dog. It is the best part of the whole movie (which isn't any good, but still better than the 2008 sequel)