Friday, July 17, 2009

Bran Nue Trailer

In looking for artwork for my MIFF itinerary piece, I came across this teaser trailer for Aussie musical Bran Nue Dae that I was completely unaware even existed.

I gotta say, it looks AMAZING! It's amazing how good FILM looks, you know? I'm so glad they used it instead of some sort of dodgy hand-held digital film (which, unless you're a big budget movie, never seems to truly work as a good-looking piece of cinema). Those colours really just explode and I'm not even more excited for the screening at MIFF. Cannot wait!

How about that choreography, hey? What a sight to see Geoffrey Rush dressed as a priest doing high kicks in the sand? And, let's face it, Jessica Mauboy is GORGEOUS on screen. Seriously, "do yourself a favour" (as Molly Meldrum would say) and watch this teaser. You'll be desperate to watch the movie immediately.


Janice said...

Yes, yes I want to see it RIGHT NOW! (It's refreshing to see that there's a movie with aboriginal protagonists rather than sidekicks - I'm looking at you, Baz - I just wonder when or IF it will come to the US. or Netflix, at the very least.)

Glenn Dunks said...

Now that's not fair to Baz. At least his movie had aboriginal actors in it. There are far more Aussie movies that appear as if we're a country of all white people.