Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Two Steps Forward (Two Steps Back)

There's nothing quite like having "Opposites Attract" pop up during a playlist shuffle to quell a bad mood, is there? This track by Paula Abdul FEATURING MC SKAT KAT(!!!!!omg!) was one of the many songs I was obsessed with in the early '90s when I spent, quite literally, hours upon hours just watching video taped episodes of Video Hits and Rage.

I recently did one of those silly quizzes on Facebook and the one question that everybody got correct (!!) was the one about owning a Paula Abdul greatest hits album. It is indeed true and if I am not embarrassed by it at all. It was $3, y'all!


Adem With An E said...

How great is Vibeology to listen to now?! Bonkers!

Luke Buckmaster said...

I have vague memories of her performing this on Muppets Tonight, which, by the way, I thoroughly miss having on the cultural horizon.