Sunday, June 21, 2009

Not All Is Right

Sometimes posters come along that I don't think are good and yet I can't entirely understand why. I mean, there can be obvious faults but it's when there's just something that doesn't feel right and they are sometimes the very worst.


Okay, so these two character posters for Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes aren't "terrible", but something about them really bugs me. Is it just my imagination or are their heads not proportionate to the rest of their bodies? They seem... large. And Downey Jr's face looks too polished and obviously photoshopped. I also don't like that they don't include the title on the poster outside of the website at the bottom. They just don't feel right. Right?


So there's this movie called Bandslam that I think it like High School Musical, but with less shit Disney pop music and more shit pop rock music. Am I even close with that description? Nevertheless, in France it has been called High School Rock Stars, which is hilarious in itself (also: high schoolers have a deranged idea of what makes a "rock star", don't they. I'm looking at you Miley Cyrus!), but then they go and... I dunno. Those three were clearly not photographed together like that and their shadows are all over the place and the fact that it says "et Lisa Kudrow" is tres depressing. And yet there is something else here that is irritating me. Surely it's not just the awful font and general tackiness of the poster?


This poster is just terrible, don't you agree? Like, in every conceivable way. The marketing material for this movie - Rob Zombie's non-remake sequel to his remake of Halloween? - have been shambolic to say the least.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Their heads are obviously huge, but isn't Sherlock Holmes about brains? It suits them well.