Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Desperation: Party for Two

As if the Pussycat Dolls shoe-horning their way into "Jai Ho" didn't quite reach the summit on your scale of desperation, how about this. It's a movie called I Hate Valentine's Day. Atrocious title aside, how desperate is this of Nia Vardalos and John Corbett.

I can almost hear Vardalos screaming through my computer screen, begging me to like her. "Remember when I wrote that funny joke about Windex. WINDEX!!!! omgitwasofunny! We laughed for hours. HOURS!!!!" Note to Nia, it ain't working. That Big Fat Greek Wedding thing was a fluke. Didn't you make enough money off of that to be able to live comfortable for the rest of your life without subjecting us to these tired romantic comedies (her My Life in Ruins, which had an equally dreadful poster, flopped this past weekend in the US). Enough!


FranklinBluth said...

Yeah, but what's John Corbett's excuse?

Ben Rylan said...

This post is hilarious!

Though I did enjoy "Connie & Carla", as odd a film as it was. But I hated "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", so I guess I'm just the opposite to everyone else (as everyone eles hated C&C; gah to them).