Thursday, May 28, 2009

Scarlett Johansson Has a New Song!

I have not been quiet about my love for Scarlett Johansson's first album Anywhere I Lay My Head. I still listen to it start-to-end a lot (in fact I'm listening to it right now! Freaky...) and mind it's mystique and enchanting spell has yet to subside with me. I never did get around to doing a top albums of 2008 feature but it would have ranked #3 if that means anything to you.

So I'm one of probably only a small selection of people who is legitimately excited by the prospect of a new album by ScarJo (are people still calling her that?) This time she is working with Pete York on an album called Break Up. The first single can be heard over here and, yes, I like it quite a bit. The album and sing are credited as Pete York & Scarlett Johansson and the track is a duet so fans of Yorn will want to check it out also. The album is released in August.

3 comments:

FranklinBluth said...

How ironic that the title of the album is 'break up' when that's exactly what I want her and Ryan to do... so I can get my hands on tasty RyanR...

Guy said...

Count me in that small selection. If, say, Cat Power had recorded the exact same album, the indie police would've creamed themselves over it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.