Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Novel Idea

A poll for y'all to answer if you feel that way inclined. Feel free to elaborate in the comments.



you left out the only answer i could click. Yes, but i'm too afraid to see the movie.

THE GREAT GATSBY for me. every time i even see a scene or a still from the movie i freak out (not in the good way... and not because i hate the scenes or stills. just because it's too much THE book for me to accept it as a movie)

Glenn said...

I didn't even think of that as an option, but you're right.

Sometimes I'm glad I'm not much of a book person, because I fear my love of so many movies would have been severely hampered by having read the source material first.

J.D. said...

Bridge to Terabithia is my favorite novel because it's like, the only book I've ever actually read that WASN'T assigned to me. Even though it was. In two different grades. But I still read it by myself at one point, dammit.

I loved the film, thank god. And it possibly made me cry more than the book. Which is saying something.

Guy said...

As long as Hollywood keeps its hands off "The Catcher in the Rye" (yeah I know, what an obvious choice), my answer will remain "no."

That said, many of my runners-up have not fared well. What a grand fuck-up the film of "Rabbit, Run" is.