Sunday, May 31, 2009

Gene Simmons is My Daddy

The delightful James Henry at Rants of a Diva recently reminded me of my love for Ugly Betty. Constantly one of my three favourite shows on TV whenever channel 7 deigns to even air it (it went from ratings powerhouse to the summer season rubbish pile). I know a lot of people hate it, but it's perhaps the only show I get a laugh at every single episode. And good hearty laughs too. Of course, I know I need to get a hold of 30 Rock on DVD, but for whatever reason I just can't seem to ever get that excited for that show. Eventually, my pretties, eventually.

But back to Ugly Betty. Of course, the two best characters - outside of Vanessa Williams' Wilhemina - are Amanda and Mark, played by Becki Newton and Michael Urie. They are stereotypes of the highest order, but sometimes stereotypes can be funny when done correctly (although anybody who has seen the movie Obsessed will have been witness to a very bad example of gay stereotyping). The clip below literally had me howling with laughter. "Makin' sweet love to my mum Faye Sommers" gets me every time.

1 comment:

Jake said...

You didn't mention they have their own web series!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PxZ7SIyzV8