Friday, May 22, 2009

The Face of Beauty

Have y'all seen the trailer for Tsai Ming-Liang's latest Cannes-premiering film Face? It looks absolutely amazing. I included the title my 2009 anticipated titles list purely out of the sheer guess that it would be scrumptious and my hunch proved right. I have never seen a Tsai film so I don't know what I'll be getting in for when I get the chance to see it (I hope it wins something a Cannes, that way it'll be all but guaranteed a release).

It revolves around a director making a movie - from the looks of things, that movie is a musical - in The Louvre Museum, Paris. Insert wildly beautiful and at times slightly odd costumes (hello awards) and lovely art design plus a good some on the soundtrack and gorgeous cinematography.

1 comment:

Paul Martin said...

It will almost certainly screen at MIFF.