Thursday, May 14, 2009

9 Reasons to Watch the Trailer for Nine

1. Because it's a trailer for Rob Marshall's Nine
2. Because it's... umm... a trailer for Rob Marshall's Nine?
3. er... that's basically it, y'all.

Today we've had the premiere of the Precious trailer (see here) and now the trailer for Nine, the musical extravaganza starring Daniel Day-Lewis, Penelope Cruz, Judi Dench, Nicole Kidman, Marion Cotillard, Sophia Loren, Kate Hudson and Fergie.

I can't say I exactly think this trailer is that good - Nowhere near enough evidence that the cast can actually sing. I would've preferred something truly GRAND and acting like this is something we've never seen before (hello seven Oscars between the main cast alone!) - and it acts more as a music video than anything else, but it's definitely gotten me excited and there's definitely enough in there to keep me expectant of Oscar glory. That they're highlighting Judi Dench more than anyone else is a good sign for the Best Supporting Actress nomination I predicted for her along with Penelope Cruz who is looking fierce and sexy as all get out here. Not all that much of Kidman, Cotillard and Fergie and almost nothing of Kate Hudson and Sophia Loren, which is something I'm not sure what to make of. There's still many months to go until its American release so I'm sure we'll see another trailer appear before then, but until then... colour me relieved. It doesn't look like it's going to be a disaster (although Chicago Part Deux is still a potential).

Beep! Beep!

No comments: