Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Prodigal Son Has Returned

...and while you're paying attention to him, I'm over here giving you death stares. This is all about me, okay?


You know that feeling you get when you return home after a vacation and you open your bedroom door and it's just like a big ol' relief? That's the feeling I had upon returning from my New York trip since, as some of you may be aware, I had a few troubles. I came down with a bout of food poisoning, which - before embarking on the Los Angeles to Melbourne part of my flight - resulted in the airline refusing to allow me to fly. Lovely, huh? They put me up in the Hilton and that was nice and all paid for by Qantas - note to self, Hilton showers aren't very good, but the rest was nice - but then had to spend nine hours at LAX being bored out of my mind before flying back to Australia all by myself - in a free business class upgrade mind you.

So, really, I'm just glad to be back home. The suitcase sits in the next room looking awfully untouched right now so maybe I should embark on fixing that. grrr.

Welcome back though. We will hopefully be getting back into the swing of things very soon.

1 comment:

par3182 said...

nine hours of boredom (even in the toilet that is lax) for a business class upgrade seems a fair trade-off

welcome home