Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's the Next Best Thing to Natalie Bassingthwaighte Showing Up On My Doorstep Waving a Chainsaw, I suppose

I arrived back at my apartment today after work and checked the mail box. I noticed a large white envelope inside with my name and "Stale Popcorn" typed on it. Very odd indeed since I don't seem to get that much mail in general let alone male addressed to this blog. Once I got inside my place I promptly opened it up. What was I to discover? Why, a several barbie doll head, of course!

How very strange I thought. That has most definitely never happened before. At first I thought "She's dead... wrapped in plastic!" but no. I flipped the bag over and voila(!) turns out she's been burnt to a crisp, too!

Charming and with so much grace*

Turns out it is actually just a delightful piece of marketing for the upcoming Aussie horror flick Prey. I've discussed this one before as the movie in which Natalie Bassingthwaighte weilds a big chainsaw in the outback. Crikey!

*Because you can't just have a "little" grace. You either have grace or you don't. Don't ask me why that popped into my mind just now.


outlandinstitute said...

You got a head! I only got an arm... I think this tells us where we are in the hierarchy.

Glenn said...

hahah, that's amazing. Who got the crotch, I wonder?!

syms covington said...

we got nothin. just a piece of card invite in the post. so the hierarchy stops in melbs methinks

Anonymous said...

What the hell does a barbie head have to do with prey....their whole marketing campaign seems like it was old ideas for another project dragged out for this piece of crap.

Gee you really get impressed by very little don't you.

Glenn said...

Whoever you are, Anonymous, you're becoming incredibly tiresome with this tirade again Prey.

And if you had seen the movie you would know what the dolls have to do with it.

Anonymous said...

I have seen the movie, a quick shot of a baby doll in the flashback. (gee thats relevant) What I cant believe that you are soooooooooooo supportive of such a crap film. Do you actually give anything a bad review - just step up and call it as you see it. Oh thats right you don't want to piss anyone off - oooahh! - yeah this bog is really unbiased! (thats sarcasm in case you are not aware of that in home of portia LOL LOL LOL)